Dental radiographs (x-rays) are essential, preventative, diagnostic tools that provide valuable information not visible during a regular dental exam. Without x-rays, problem areas may go undetected.
Dental x-rays may reveal:
● Abscesses or cysts: frequently seen on teeth with big fillings or ‘crowns’
● Bone loss
● Cancerous and noncancerous tumors
● Decay between the teeth
● Developmental abnormalities: missing, impacted or malformed teeth
● Poor tooth and root positions, which compromises bone health between teeth
● Problems inside a tooth or below the gum line
Detecting and treating dental problems at an early stage can save you time, money, unnecessary discomfort, and your teeth! Most dental pathology starts out painless.